Parents and volunteers are the backbone of Salt Lake Arts Academy – in fact, we were founded by a group of volunteer parents and educators. Parent volunteers provide support to the school in and out of the classroom.
The Salt Lake Arts Academy Governing Board is made up of parent and community volunteers. The role of the Governing Board is to set policies for the school, evaluate the Principal and CAO, ensure appropriate resources and maintain academic excellence. Governing Board members are slated and elected to three year terms. To be considered for a Governing Board position, please contact the current Governing Board chair. A list of Governing Board members, agendas and minutes of meetings can be found HERE.
We need your energy, ideas and creativity – how would you like to plug in? Email [email protected] with questions!
- Serve on a Grade-Level Committee: Work with a group of other parents from your students’ grade to plan various events specifically for your grade. Attend one or two short planning meetings per semester, help coordinate events and volunteer at planned events. These sort of events can include Spirit Week events, Parent Education Nights, Math Nights, or Urban Table lunch expedition with Advisory Groups
- Help Plan a School Wide Event or Fundraiser: Work with other parents and staff to help plan some school-wide events, like: Homecoming or SLArts Fest.
- SLArts Parties – Small gatherings that are mini-fundraisers, doing cool things with other parents and/or kids, similar to the “Party Boards” we have sold at the Parent Party in the Past!’
- Share your Special Skills: Do you have professional experience to share to benefit the school? Do you have experience in photography, marketing or grant writing? Can you help us with printing, video production, catering or event planning? Email or call Katy Andrews at school to talk about your specific talents – we would love to put them to use! [email protected], 801-531-1173
- Serve a Shift — Watch for our call outs to our entire parent community for help several times per month for help doing everything from stuffing large mailings, to setting up for arts performances, to working a concession stand at Homecoming, to chaperoning field trips. Look for the “Volunteer Opportunity” notice in Amy’s weekly emails!